Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crafty!

 My grandmother paints or draws beautiful pictures and Nana used to sew and make her girls clothes. Why can't I do that? This crafty thing can't skip generations!! Right? I am not creative. Never have been. I probably will never come up with anything on my own. When we had to draw at school I couldn't draw anything I wasn't staring at and even then it's like a really bad game of pictionary. You have to guess what it is. lol


I don't do new years resolutions. Why do them? About January = pumped, ready to change things. Around May = oh yeah I need to start doing that. By December= what was my resolution again? Thus I fail every year, why try :D

BUT if I had one this year it will be to change my non-crafty, completely left brain self to someone that can do crafty and sometimes practical things. For example I have 14 windows in our house to cover. Cheaper curtains at $30 a panel... you do the math. Pinterest has got me thinking now. They look easy. I just need to learn to sew. I learn fast... I can learn pretty much anything I have an interest in... I can so do that!


Enter sewing machine: Ta-da!



How cute... now what do I do with it. I have to use it. I spent money on it. MY MONEY. So my sweet, patient friend Ashley (who can sew like a champ and taught herself) invited me to her house and we had a mini sewing lesson. I did better than I thought!


Exhibit A



Ok so Ashley cut the fabric out.... but I sewed it!


Exhibit B






This didn't really involve sewing but it's cute and looks like I worked really hard :D


So... I made a pillow and a flower. I can make more pillows and flowers. And as long as I can figure out how much material and what kind and how to thread the machine again I can make curtains! Eventually. :D

Step 1 to being crafty. Owned.... Just don't look at the bottom, because the whip stitch (?) I did to complete it after I stuffed the pillow... looks like a two year old did it. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment