Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays :D

Every year it is a tradition in our family to make Christmas cookies for friends and Family. I slacked this year and only made about 20 dozen... maybe a few less. What? You have to taste them before you give them to someone, right?




They are just simple sugar cookies made from scratch with powdered sugar icing. A tradition that started with my Grandmother on my mom's side. Nana :D She passed away last year and we will continue to do this tradition every year and think of our sweet angel in Heaven. I know she would be delighted that we share this with so many friends and family.

And as a side note. Dad says if you break them first before you eat them, then all the calories float away and they are healthy for you :D



I also decided to make presents this year instead of buy them. I wanted to put a little extra thought into what I got my family this year... and maybe save a bit. (I won't lie to you.) I'm already looking on pinterest for what I will make next year!

This year it was coasters! Some were holiday others were everyday prints. Who doesn't love preventing drink rings on tables. And they're cute. Here are some I made:






Made from Napkins. That's right. Napkins. Who thinks of this stuff? Anyway. My first attempt turned out pretty cute but I know someone who has had WAY more practice. Go to http://PapaLuluCache.etsy.com if you would like some for you. She's much better!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a superb New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment