Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

I'm the worst blogger EVA. I'm not even sure why I have this thing. I promise to get better. :D So in an attempt to get better here is our update and a recipe. lol

Update:

Justin is back!! He got back the Tuesday before Thanks Giving. He cross trained (switched jobs) and was in Tech School in San Antonio for 8 weeks. Ew. He did get to come back for Halloween though and we did Trunk or Treat at church. Family and friends......... meet Justin the Mad Hatter:




I don't have a picture of me as Alice or of him with his make up on because I'm a bad picture taker, but he looked awesome and I froze my hiney off that night. lol He was a good sport with the makeup. And he scared some of the kids hahahaha.


Update 2:

We moved. Not far. We moved to a duplex that my family owns and will help give it a "face lift". Repaint and such. We are super excited to get to live here. It's a two bed, two bath, and has a closed in car port for the back room. It's HUGE to us. lol Our WONDERFUL friends from church helped us move. If they hadn't... it would have been an insane move. We have a LOT of stuff! Stuff I even forgot we have. Like, did you know we had a waffle maker??!!! SWEEEET!


And now the moment you've all been waiting for: Drum roll please......

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

YUM


Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 - 4 oz can diced green chillies
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 - 10 oz can green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream
penne pasta

Optional toppings: avocado, green onions, black olives, tomatoes, sour cream

Directions:

Boil pasta, chop veggies
Cook onions for 3-5 min in a large skillet
Add garlic and red pepper, cook for another 3-5 min
Add cooked chicken, green chillies, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauces- let sauce simmer for 8-10 min
Add cheese and stir until melted.
Toss in sour cream.
DO NOT bring to a boil
Cook on low till heated all the way through
Drain pasta, return to pot.
Pour sauce over pasta & mix well.
Garnish (such a fancy word for add) with optional toppings.


ENJOY!













No comments:

Post a Comment