This is late but oh well!
Working retail you really NEVER have a weekend off unless you request it in advance. For the past year or so everyone's schedules have been opposite mine, making it pointless for me to go visit anyone. Either I would sit and stare at their walls until they got off work or they would die of boredom waiting for me to get off. Of all my girlfriends, only 2 are in Abilene! 3 are in Dallas/fortworth area, 4 in Houston, 1 in Fredericksberg, and 1 out of the US! So this summer while I was out of school and/or in between Sprint and student teaching I made my road trips to see these lovely ladies!
First visit was to Emily! I got to see her for her birthday and catch up. Miss the gym life. Kind of jealous she still gets to be a part of it. lol
Second trip was to see Sariah, Alyssa, Lisa, and Lauren! Had fun with my ladies seeing them at lunch and dinner. And I got to see miss Layla (Sariah's little girl) and miss Brooklyn (Lisa's little girl). They are sooooo precious. My baby fever has NOT been cured... even though Layla had a surprise for me and decided to spit up down my shirt in the middle of Olive Garden haha.
Next trip was to see Brianne and her beautiful little girl Faith! She is such a sweet girl! I am glad I got to meet her FINALLY. She is almost a year old. Loved playing in Faith's room and starting again right where we left off. I'm happy to be back to a normal people schedule where I can visit friends on the weekend. :D
After that it was down to see the Goffs! Let the Harry Potter marathon begin! We watched every single move all weekend long while eating "wands" and chocolate frogs and drinking homemade butterbeer. Love my little Dumbledorks!
The last two came to Abilene. Kaleigh was visiting her sister and Samanta came back to the states! Kaleigh will be an aunt VERY soon. Can't wait for her to tell me she might be a mommy one day ;p haha And Samanta has been out of the states for about 5 years! Loved catching up with her and hearing what her life is like in a different culture :D
I have missed all my girls that live in other cities and I'm so thankful I got to spend a little bit of time catching up with all of you! Hopefully it wont be another year before we can do it again! (or 5 in Sami's case!)
KT
No comments:
Post a Comment