I'm catching up. I've been meaning to write about this stuff for a while so, I will now that life has slowed down a bit and I have time.
Money. Money. Money. Who doesn't want more of that?! I have a bad case of the "I want"s lately. By choosing to stay home with my gorgeous little angel, money is tighter and I have don't have too much to use for my want list. But that's ok. Bills are paid, we have some going into savings, and we're healthy. It's the important things in life right?
To save more money we cloth diaper. Recently Lily has gotten more and more rashes. They look terrible! Someone suggested Tea Tree Oil and it worked like a charm! That gave me an idea. Cloth wipes anyone? If I can use Tea Tree Oil and prevent a red booty, why not? I draw the line at poop though. We will still buy regular wipes for on-the-go and poo. This should cut our wipe usage down to half though! I made my own wipe solution (Thanks Pinterest) and recently had to make my own floor cleaner because I ran out. Looking into making laundry detergent, dish tablets, and reusable swiffer pads. We'll see how that goes. We spend a ridiculous amount on household, personal, and groceries a month. Gotta do something.. and quick.
Isn't it also interesting that more expensive things are supposedly better? Check out my pretty new bowls. FROM WALMART. Two dollars a piece. My Bed Bath and Beyond bowls we got for our wedding have been cracking so bad we are now down to five from twelve. Paid Seven dollars a bowl for those. Gorgeous though they were, they haven't even lasted three years. Hmm...
Because I have a bad case of the "I want"s I need a way to focus on saving money. I meant to make mason jars into canisters for the kitchen, but they turned out not to be tinted, but sparkly. I couldn't do that to Justin. It may look like Tinker Bell cooked in the kitchen. I instead made them into save jars. Print a picture and throw any extra money you have into them until the money for what you want. (modified Pinterest- what did I ever do before that site?) So here they are! Out of sight- Out of mind. I could try to save for them but without a visual goal, I would probably end up buying some other thing I like at the moment. Or food. I like food.
On the right: More cloth diapers. "I thought you had a bunch of those?" I do... but I have to stuff them. And I have found out that I am the worlds worst stuffer. I want the all in ones. No stuffing :D So as I sell mine, money will go in the jar. As I babysit, money will go in the jar. You get the point.
On the right is my future camera. 18 to 24 mega pixels. I drool thinking about it. Any extra money I have to myself a month I will put in there until I get it. It may take me 45 years. Challenge excepted. I want it. And I want it without using tax returns or a credit card.
Woo! How do you save money?



No comments:
Post a Comment