Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Career Changes

Just an update on where we are in grown up world.

I am finished with classes and will take my PPR (Texas teacher exam) on the 31st! I have been studying and feel like I know it... so that worries me. Being over confident on an important test is never a good thing. I can take it multiple times, but it costs $120 each time... who wants that?! Once is good, so please be praying for me that I pass it.

Next (probably in August) I will take my 4-8 grade science content exam. That should be interesting. I don't know how many of you remember 7th grade but it's a bunch of rocks and ecosystems, and such. So needless to say, yes I'm out of school for the summer, but my head is still stuck in a text book.

Later this year, starting in August I will begin student teaching. That will last until December. I will need to quit Sprint so that I can put all my effort into student teaching. It's a full time job, we have to be there almost as much as the actual teacher does. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who will let me do this and pay our bills with his salary! After student teaching I hope to start applying for jobs and stay in the school system by subbing and/or tutoring.

Now for Justin!

He resigned his contract for another 4 years. He is currently looking at becoming an instructor for the firefighting tech school in San Angelo. This would place us in the BIG city for 4 years. We don't know anyone in San Angelo, so that will definitely be an adventure if he gets the position. But it will be fun. The other options are to stay in the fire dept or cross train to a different job. He wants something that he can transfer to once out of the military. If he puts 20 yrs in he will be 39 when he retires!! So he has to find something that he can still do at 39 because he will be bored without a job. Although I could find lots of laundry, dishes, and cleaning for him to do :D

Feel updated :D

Have a great day!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment