Eating healthy...
Eating... Healthy...
The words just sound like a pain in the butt. Isn't it easier to grab Rosa's or Burger King? And I LOVE eating out. Why can they cook so much better than I can? It's not really fair. Sigh.
But all that will make me fat anyway. SO! Justin and I are putting in some effort to eat better. More for Lily than anything else. Sometime between late pregnancy and her beginning solid food I realized that she will eventually be eating exactly what we are eating... oy! Not such a good thing some nights. I am a picky eater with fruits and veggies. I don't want her to be.
My family has a hereditary sweet tooth. Ask any of us. Or hey. Test it. Put a piece of sweet delicious chocolate in front of us and close your eyes. By the time you open them it will be gone. Therefore Lily is not allowed to have ANY sugar until she is one. I want to establish a good liking for veggies and fruits before introducing sweets, because when we do... that's it. It's over. She will be an addict just like the rest of us.
That being said. I have been looking for healthy... healthier.. recipes. TGFP. Thank God for Pinterest. That is where half of my meals came from the last week or two. And I am proud to say that I looked for recipes with veggies in them. Check out my shopping cart. I'm a little proud, I won't lie.
And then because I try to be a truthful person, the rest of it may or may not have been filled with pop tarts, crackers, various meats, and the good kind of ranch. Not that low fat light junk.
I avoided the cookies and ice cream. But it took an unmeasurable amount of will power.
And then I had an epic fail at home with this...
Why, is that a wanna be smore? With nutella instead of chocolate? Why yes. Yes it is. And did you just eat one? ... well... no. More like three. But two were to satisfy my sweet tooth... and the other was so I could take a picture of it to blog with. Whoops. And this is why I can't lose my last 4 lb of baby weight. Le sigh and oh well. I will shake it extra hard at Zumba this week.
So! To all of you out there who think it's hard to eat healthy. Me too. We are making an effort and it will be a slow change. But I think we can do it. I don't think we will go organic and all that fun stuff, but I want my family to have a love for veggies and fruits. So here is to effort! And know that I am with you in your struggle to avoid chocolate.

No comments:
Post a Comment